8 Ways to have a productive work environment
1. Lighting! This is one of the most crucial aspect to help your brain juice start flowing. Bad Lighting can cause fatigue, eyestrain, headaches and overall irritability.
2. Get rid of Clutter! Take a look at everything at your desk that you don’t need, now, get rid of it!
3. Smell right! Many academic studies have argued that there is a correlation between certain scents and memories. Although individuals can have widely divergent emotional responses to scents, studies show that certain scents can change our emotions and improve our moods.
• Pine – Increases alertness
• Cinnamon – Improves focus
• Lavender – Helps to relax you during a stressful work day
• Peppermint – Lifts your mood
• Citrus (any) – Wakes you up and lifts your spirits
4. Make it a “Work-Only” zone. Even if you work remotely, pick your favorite co-working place, your favorite coffee shop, a spot in your home, that is a “work-only” zone. You will be more productive in your own zone.
5. Reduce Eye Twitches From Overexposure to Screens-
• Look away from your computer at least every 20 minutes
• Gaze at a distant object (at least 20 feet away)
• Look at it for at least 20 seconds
6. Color! Colors have an effect on our moods and brain functions. Read more HERE.
7. Include more plants. A wide range of research demonstrates that more plants in an office can make people both happier and more productive.
8. Get a stress ball. Research conducted by New York University’s Tandon School of engineering found that stress tour or “fidget Widgets” help improve focus and support productivity.
*Data taken from Time Doctor, LifeHack, Huffington Post