8 Email Statistics you need to know
1. 78% of consumers unsubscribe from emails because brands were sending too many emails.
2. Tuesday is the best day of the week to send emails. If you send two emails a week, send the second email on Thursday.
3. The best times to send an email are 10 a.m. and from 8 p.m. to midnight.
4. Email list segmentation and personalized emailing were the most effective email strategies of 2017.
5. Segmented email campaigns get 14.31% more opens and 100.95% more clicks than non-segmented campaigns.
6. Transactional or triggered emails have 8x more opens and substantially greater revenue than regular bulk emails.
7. 68% of email recipients report email as spam based solely on the subject line.
8. In 2017, the average results for email campaigns across industries were:
Open rate: 24.79%
Average click-through rate: 4.19%
Click-to-open rate: 11.88%
*Data taken from INvest, Hubspot, MailChimp, Smart Insights, Experian, and Campaign Monitor