8 direct mail statistics you need to know
1. Direct mail household response rate is 5.1%
2. The response rate for direct mail among people aged 18-21 years old is 12.4%
3. The top response rate tracking methods are online tracking such as PURLs (61%), call center or telephone (53%), and code or coupon (42%).
4. Adding a person’s name, full color and more sophisticated database information can increase the response rate by up to 500% vs not doing any of these things.
5. It can take up to 18-20 touchpoints to reach a customer for the first time.
6. Marketing campaigns that used direct mail and 1 or more digital media experienced 118% lift in response rate compared to using direct mail only.
7. The average response rate for direct mail pieces sent to former customers of a given brand is 18.4 percent.
8. 40% of a direct marketing campaign’s success is in the data.
Data taken form compu-mail.com